Taking part in challenges is always more fun when you do it with other people!
Why not get together with your friends, family, school community group and take part in Sugar Free September as a team? Or take your challenge into the workplace and become a part of the Sugar Free September Corporate Challenge? See below for more info.
Your crew are sure to keep you motivated and you can work together to fundraise and support kids with MD this September.
Sugar Free Corporate Challenge
By committing to the Sugar Free September Corporate Challenge this year, your team will give SWEET opportunities to kids living with Muscular Dystrophy, empowering them to build strength and reach their potential! You will also be seriously improving your team’s health and wellbeing.
To go #SugarFreeForMD in the workplace:
1. Put sugar on lockdown for the month of September. Replace sugar packed foods in the workplace (like cookies and soft drinks) with alternatives such as teas, fresh fruit, popcorn & nuts.
2. Share your Fundraising page to everyone you know. Ask workmates, friends and family to sponsor you.
3. Host a Sugar Free September workplace Fundraising event such as a Sugar Free BBQ, lunch or morning tea.
4. Ask your organisation to match the donations raised as an added incentive to help smash your team fundraising goals!
I’m not sure what sort of event to host or how to keep my team motivated?
We’ll send you sugar free recipes, hacks and tips to get you through September. We also have some great downloadable “Sugar Lockdown” decals, posters below to help you and your team on your way.
Do you have any fundraising ideas to help me plan an event?
There is so much you can do to create a great team experience during Sugar Free September!
Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
1. Encourage your team to bring a plate of food with no refined or added sugars and attend lunch by donation.
2. Cater a Sugar Free Lunch and ask people to contribute with a donation.
3. Organise a Food / Beverage cart. Have people donate sugar free items for sale at morning tea throughout your workplace.
4. Pre-prepare healthy Sugar Free boxed lunches with funds raised, going to Muscular Dystrophy NSW.
5. Host a “Sugar Free” master chef style, cook off.
6. Make Muscular Dystrophy NSW your charity of choice on your organisations mufti day!
Workplace giving & donation matching
If your organisation has a gift matching program, ask for all funds raised during September to be matched!
Do you have any downloadable resources?
Sure do! We have included posters and a "Sugar Lockdown” decal to print or share in-house and display around your workplace. Make sure to let everyone know you are participating by sticking on fridges, in your office pantry cupboard or for a bit of fun, on the back of your workplace loo doors!
Just click on the images below to download your posters and decals.
We will send you information to help on your sugar free journey as well as tips to help with your teams fundraising efforts. Make sure to like the Sugar Free September Facebook Page, follow us on Twitter and Instagram and groove to our Sugar Free September Beats Spotify playlist to stay super motivated during the challenge!