What is Sugar Free September?
Sugar Free September is a fundraiser that challenges you to cut down your added sugar intake for a month to support kids and adults living with neuromuscular conditions, including Muscular Dystrophy. Neuromuscular conditions are devastating conditions that weaken and waste the muscles. Click here for more information.
What sugars would I need to remove from my diet?
We recommend that you cut all added sugars for the month of September. However, as there are many different types of sugars and foods that contain them, we also let you decide how much sugar you want to remove. We have come up with a list of food items to kick you off on your sugar-free journey and help you cut the worst offending sugars from your diet.
- Soft drinks and other sweetened drinks
- Fruit juices
- Sugars we add to tea/coffee/cereal or use in cooking
- Jam and spreads
- Biscuits, cakes, and muffins
- Confectionary and desserts, such as lollies, chocolate and ice cream
- Flavoured milk and yoghurt
- Sweetened breakfast cereals
- Sauces, dressings, condiments, and marinades
- Protein, cereal and snack bars
Some added and free sugars are better than others. If you are going to have a little, opt for less processed sweeteners such as honey or maple syrup. However, if you really want to give all added sugars and sweeteners the boot you can remove these as well.
Can you provide any tips or info to guide me through my Sugar Free September fundraising challenge?
Certainly, click here to see some tips as well as information on the benefits of going sugar free, how to handle sugar cravings, health eating and wellbeing.
How do I sign up?
Sign up is easy. You can click here or sign up by clicking the button at the top of this page.
How do I create or join a team?
Simply click on the 'Create a Team' option when filling out the registration form and your team will be created. You can also create a team when you visit the "Teams page"
When others register they will simply need to choose 'Join a Team' and they will be able to select your team to join.
If you decide to create a team after you have created your own fundraising page, you can login to your account, click on "My Dashboard" then choose "Create a team."
What if I have an event on in September - do you offer opt out passes?
In a word - yes! While we encourage participants to last the whole of September sugar free we understand that sometimes you need a short break for a special event.
For this reason, we offer a Sweet Release Pass for a donation of $37. Click here to secure your pass today.
What are the Sugar Free September Sign up & Win prizes and rewards?
Sign Up & Win! Sign up to Sugar Free September to get a chance to win some rewards
- If you register by 19 Aug you will go in the draw to win 1 out 20 YogaEverywhere tote bags
- You will receive your 2022 Sugar Free September e-cookbook full of tasty recipes close to the month of September for you to prepare yourself for the challenge
- You will have access to the 30-day Kick Start program by That Sugar Movement for $59 instead of $79
- You will get a Free Able Foods tote bag with 1x free meal and !x apple juice when you place an order (T&Cs apply)
The winner of the sign up by 19 Aug will be announced on 22 of August and prize posted by the end of August
Sugar Free September ecook book will be send by email before the challenge starts
The remaining prizes will be delivered by email on the first week of October
What are the fundraising incentives to give away during the challenge?
We have lots os fundraising incentives to give away during the challenge
- Donate to yourself and enter draw to win 1 out 5 hard copies of That Sugar Book by That Sugar Movement
- Raise $60 and enter draw to win 1 out 3 free month of online yoga classes by Yogished
- Raise $120 and enter draw to win 1 out 5 YogaEverywhere quick dry towels
- Raise $325 and enter draw to win 1 out 2 YogaEverywhere yoga mat
- Raise $1000 and enter draw to win a month of free meals from Able Foods
*Fundraising incentives: draw, winners' annoucement, and delivery will happen beggining of October.
We will also have more prizes to give away during the challenge. So, keep an eye on our socials!
Would you like to win one of our awesome prizes for our top fundraisers?
Yes, please!!! If you are in the lead of our Sugar Free September leaderboard you will win these awesome prizes.
Just share your fundraising page on your socials, ask your friends, work colleagues and family to donate and keep your amazing fundraising efforts to have a chance to win!
Top Individual will win:
- #1 top fundraiser: will get 1x Hurom H26 Cold Press Juicer (value: $649)
- #2 top fundraiser: will get 1x online PT session with Ali Cavill (SFS ambassador) + 1x free access to the 30-Day Kick Sugar Start Program, 1x free access to The Low Sugar Snack ebook & 1x free access to The Office Luncheon ebook by That Sugar Movement
- #3 top fundraiser: will get 1x free access to the 30-Day Kick Sugar Start Program, 1x free access to The Low Sugar Snack ebook , 1x free access to The Office Luncheon ebook by That Sugar Movement
Top General Team will win:
- 2x $100 vouchers from Honest to Goodness to be used online/physical store
- 1x free access to the 30-Day Kick Sugar Start Program + 3x free access to The Office Luncheon ebook by That Sugar Movement
Top Workplace Team will win:
- 1x $100 voucher from Honest to Goodness to be used online/physical store
- 2x free access to the 30-Day Kick Sugar Start Program + 3x free access to The Low Sugar Snack ebook by That Sugar Movement
All prizes: draw, winner announcement and delivery by beginning of October 2022