Thanks for helping kids like me!
John, 8 years old living with Duchennne Muscular Dystrophy
Why take part
Have you ever thought about giving up your favourite treats like chocolate bars, lollies, cakes, soft drinks but never had the motivation? Then, why not take on the Sugar Free September challenge?
This is your opportunity to make a positive impact on yourself and others.
Your involvement goes beyond raising awareness about neuromuscular conditions and raising vital funds to support children, adults, and their families affected by these conditions.
By participating, you'll not only improve your own health and wellbeing, but your efforts will also contribute to the enhancement of Muscular Dystrophy NSW programs and services and will help empower, connect and support people with neuromuscular conditions so they can live the life they choose. It’s a win-win!
How it works
1. Join the Challenge
Sign up and commit to going sugar free for MD this September
2. Invite your mates
Everything is more fun with a crew! Make a team with family, friends, work, school or gym mates!
3. Spread the word
Ask your friends and family to sponsor you to provide sweet opportunities for people with MD
4. Cut the sweet stuff
Go sugar free during September with the help of our tips and resources
The Difference You'll Make
By cutting out the sweet stuff in September, you will not only prioritise your own health and wellbeing but also support kids like John (in the photo) with awesome opportunities. Through your involvement, children with neuromuscular conditions can experience the joy of connecting with their peers in powerchair soccer games, create lasting memories at kids' camps, and receive vital family support during significant transitions. Together, let's make a difference and create a world of amazing possibilities for kids living with neuromuscular conditions.
Muscular Dystrophy NSW services and programs are instrumental in supporting children's early development and mitigating the effects of declining physical mobility. They equip kids with the necessary tools for independent thinking and enable them to make informed decisions about their own lives.
By embarking on the Sugar Free September challenge, you are empowering yourself to make a positive change. But it doesn't stop there, your participation directly contributes to empowering children to live their best lives and your efforts help provide them with the resources and support they need to thrive.
Feel healthier and boost your wellbeing while empowering people living with MD, it's a win-win!
Ditch sugar crashes for energy all day long.
Feel great empowering kids and adults with MD.
Fall asleep easier and snooze right through the night.
Learn About Nutrition
Get clued up with our expert advice, recipes, tips and guides.
Reduce breakouts and inflamation for more youthful skin.
Stop build up and decay to save money at the dentist.
Create Good Habits
Learn how to swap hidden sugars for whole foods at every meal.
Lower your risk of heart disease and stroke.
A whole month without chocolate and sweets is not easy, so share your commitment to #SugarFreeForMD with everyone you know and give them the opportunity to sponsor your efforts.
All donations are issued with a tax receipt which is another great incentive for people to donate!
The challenge is completely FREE so make sure you sign up today!
John & Bryony
George & Nathan
Farah and Joeanne
Important Nutritional Disclaimer
- Please note that the Sugar Free September challenge is an online fundraiser and is not intended to be a diet program. Participants have the choice to either cut out a favourite sweet treat or all added sugars for the month of September, but ultimately it is up to each individual how much added sugar they remove from their diet during the challenge.
- Natural whole foods such as fruits, vegetables, seeds and grains are highly encouraged throughout the challenge.
- Information provided in relation to Sugar Free September is not an alternative to medical advice from a doctor or professional healthcare providers. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
- Before making any significant changes to your diet or embarking on a specific nutrition plan, it is strongly recommended to consult with your doctor or a qualified healthcare professional. They can assess your specific needs, provide personalised guidance and support based on your requirements and medical history, and monitor any potential impacts on your health throughout the challenge.
- Participants with specific health or medical concerns should consult with their medical or healthcare provider before making any changes to their diet or nutrition regimen.
- Doctors or healthcare providers should be the primary source of information and guidance throughout the challenge.
- The information provided on this website and during the Sugar Free September challenge is general in nature and does not take into account an individual’s personal circumstances.
- Whilst participating in Sugar Free September may have health benefits for some participants, Muscular Dystrophy NSW provides no warranty whatsoever that this challenge will achieve an individual's health goals.
Click on our Terms and Conditions for complete information. Thank you!
Stay motivated and connected throughout the challenge by engaging with us!! Make sure to like the Sugar Free September Facebook Page, join our exclusive Sugar Free September Facebook Private Group, follow us on Instagram and groove to our Sugar Free September Beats Spotify playlist. Let's keep the positive energy flowing as we embrace this journey together!