Raised so far
Why take part
Have you ever thought about giving up sugary food like cakes and lollies but never had the motivation? Then why not take on the Sugar Free September Challenge! Now’s the time to do something positive for yourself, and for others. Your efforts will fund vital support services for kids and adults living with muscular dystrophy to help them reach their potential and take control of their own lives. Plus you'll improve your health and wellbeing, just in time for summer. It's a win-win!
How it works
1. Join the Challenge
Sign up and commit to going sugar free for MD this September
2. Invite your mates
Everything is more fun with a crew! Make a team with family, friends, work, school or gym mates!
3. Spread the word
Ask your friends and family to sponsor you to provide sweet opportunities for people with MD
4. Cut the sweet stuff
Go sugar free during September with the help of our tips and resources
The Difference You'll Make
By cutting out the sweet stuff this September, you will be supporting kids like Fletcher with awesome opportunities, like connecting with his peers in a powerchair soccer game, attending one of our amazing camps and receiving family support through transitions big and small.
Our services play an early role in a child's development and aim to circumvent the impacts of a decline in physical mobility by arming kids with the tools they need to think independently and be in the best place to make their own decisions about their lives.
So when you empower yourself by going sugar free this September, think about how you are directly helping to empower kids to live their best life!
Feel healthier and boost your wellbeing while empowering people living with MD, it's a win-win!
Ditch sugar crashes for energy all day long.
Feel great empowering kids and adults with MD.
Fall asleep easier and snooze right through the night.
Learn About Nutrition
Get clued up with our expert advice, recipes, tips and guides.
Reduce breakouts and inflamation for more youthful skin.
Stop build up and decay to save money at the dentist.
Create Good Habits
Learn how to swap hidden sugars for whole foods at every meal.
Lower your risk of heart disease and stroke.
A whole month without chocolate and sweets is definitely not easy, so make sure that you tell everyone about your commitment to #SugarFreeForMD so that they can sponsor you to give it up. All donations are issued with a tax receipt which is another great incentive for people to donate!
The challenge is completely FREE so make sure you sign up today!
Australia's Biggest Loser
Fletcher and Michelle Ball
- This challenge involves cutting out all added sugars for the month of September, but ultimately it is up to each individual how much added sugar they remove from their diet during the challenge. Natural whole foods such as fruits, veggies, seeds, etc are encouraged.
- Information provided in relation to Sugar Free September is not an alternative to medical advice from a doctor or other professional healthcare providers. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
- If participants have any specific health or medical concerns, they should consult with their medical or healthcare provider, prior to changing their diet or nutrition regimen.
- The information provided, and the Sugar Free September challenge are general in nature and do not take into account an individuals’ personal circumstances. Whist participating in Sugar Free September may have health benefits for some participants, Muscular Dystrophy NSW provides no warranty whatsoever that this challenge will achieve an individual's health goals.
- Click on our Terms and Conditions for complete information. Thank you!